PO Box 407, London SW18 2TP
Tel: 020 8874 7262
Fax: 020 8871 4442
The project aims to provide a comprehensive service to Asian women and their children who are fleeing domestic violence by:
• Providing emergency refuge accommodation, individual rooms with shared facilities.
• Offering advice, support and information on welfare benefits, housing issues, immigration, and legal and financial matters.
Shanti Women’s Refuge offers safe, temporary accommodation to women with children and single women, predominantly from Asian communities. Any woman and her children will be considered if there are vacancies.
The houses are fully furnished with residents having their own bedroom and use of a communal kitchen, bathroom, lounge and garden. There is an office in each of the three refuges where staff can meet with residents. Residents are provided with confidential advice and support on a variety of issues including legal, financial and housing. Residents are encouraged to access services and facilities provided by other organisations in the area.
• Women with or without children from ethnic minority groups, predominantly Asian women.
• Women or children who have either experienced or fear the threat of physical, sexual, mental or emotional abuse.
We can not accept the following referrals:
• Women whose support needs require 24 hour care and supervision
• Women with a history of severe mental health or physical illness
• Women with male children over the age of 12 years
We will provide advice and information for alternative accommodation where possible if we are not able to help directly.
How to make a referral
We accept agency referrals from Women’s Aid, Homeless Person’s Unit, the Police, Social Services, and other voluntary organisations.
All referrals that meet the selection criteria are offered accommodation. Any referral which does not meet the selection criteria will be advised and possibly referred elsewhere.
We provide a non-judgemental and safe environment for victims fleeing violence.
There are currently no pages in this channel. Please create further pages and links to them will appear here.