A grade 2 listed building, full of distinct character. Located next to Platt Hall.
Chancellor Place, Colindale
Tel: +44 (0) 208 457 6688 or +44 (0) 208 457 6682 Almost 100 years ago the Royal family were frequent residents here, staying overnight before flying off on exotic trips from nearby Hendon aerodrome. The distinctive black and white Writtle House is now our most character rich hall. Historic Writtle House is a contrast to its neighbour Platt Halls, but of course it’s just as conveniently placed for local amenities.
Location: Writtle House on Google Maps
- Historic building converted into a traditional hall of residence
- Part of the Platt Hall complex – generally quieter than the other halls
- 36 study bedrooms arranged in six sections
- Room sizes vary, averaging 10.3m2
- Kitchen and bathroom facilities
- IT network access points are provided
- Each bedroom has an entry phone
- Local shops and takeaways nearby
- Controlled parking and clamping in operation
- Shared TV/video lounge and study room
- Security on site every weekday night and 24 hours at weekends
Places of interest and local information
Writtle House is located in Colindale, Hendon, a five minute walk away from Colindale Underground station and approximately a 30 minute journey from the London Metropolitan North campus. Ten minutes from the hall are local bus links to Brent Cross shopping centre and central London. Colindale tube station is a five minute walk away which also supplies direct links to central London.
Hendon campus, with its academic, sports, and social facilities, is within easy walking distance
Buses for Brent Cross shopping centre and central London are a short walk away, while Colindale Underground station is a five-minute walk away.
If you would like to make a booking or enquire about a room, please complete the halls booking form