Anti-social behaviour

Find out how to report anti-social behaviour


Viridian uses the definition of anti-social behaviour (ASB) in the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, which is: 'behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more individuals not from the same household'. You can use this section to swiftly and easily report incidents of anti-social behaviour (ASB).

This is not a recommended method of reporting life-threatening incidents; in an emergency please call 999. If you would like to speak to someone at Viridian Housing please call 0330 123 0220.

Common examples of ASB
  • Noise
  • Hate Crime
  • Domestic Abuse
  • Verbal abuse / harassment / intimidation / threatening behaviour
  • Vandalism or damage to property
  • Drugs / substance misuse / drug dealing
  • Alcohol related ASB
  • Physical violence
  • Garden nuisance
  • Misuse of communal areas
  • Dumping rubbish/fly-tipping
  • Prostitution / sexual acts / kerb crawling
  • Criminal behaviour (other than listed above)
How to record ASB

If you are suffering from ASB, it's very important to properly record it as this can help with investigations. We would recommend that you:

  • Take pictures
  • Make videos
  • Write down dates and times
  • Keep details of any witnesses

If you have called the police or local council noise team, take down any reference numbers and contact details (e.g. name, number, email) of the investigating officer.

What happens after I report ASB?

Depending on the nature of your complaint, you will be contacted by either a housing officer or an ASB officer who will discuss your complaint with you in confidence and agree an action plan.


Please see below for more information on how Viridian deal with anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse and hate crimes/incidents.